21 Jun 2021
#APConnect 2021 - 2022
Find out more about the #APConnect programme and how you can apply to join one of the #APConnect Constellations.
What is #APConnect?
#APConnect is a continuing professional development and support programme open to anyone working as an Advanced Practitioner, or in an Advanced Practitioner-type role, in the Further Education and Training sector. It's delivered by the team at touchconsulting Ltd on behalf of the Education and Training Foundation, and is free of charge to participants.
Who can participate?
The term Advanced Practitioner (AP) includes a wide range of AP-type job roles; the Word Cloud above will give you a snapshot of job titles of previous #APConnect participants, and you can read more about the AP role here. The main thing is that APs share some key characteristics. So, if you:
- are someone who leads and supports your colleagues
- have a level of experience and expertise that means your colleagues look to you for guidance
- are open to driving positive change within your team and across your organisation
...then #APConnect is for you!
What can the #APConnect programme offer me?
There are several pathways open to you through the #APConnect programme, all of which are designed to help you develop your practice and thrive in your AP role.
You can apply now to join one of the #APConnect Constellations. These are Communities of Practice+ which combine the supportive nature of a community of practice with the stimulation of being surrounded by new perspectives and ideas.
To apply to join one of the Constellations and to find out more about them, click here.
You can also choose to:
- participate in the #APConnect Developing Advanced Practitioners CPD programme
- join in the National #APConnect Conference - March 25th 2022
- access Practitioner-Led FE Professional Learning, including grant funding
- apply for a place on the Train the Trainers in FE Professional Learning.
For a full overview of the #APConnect programme and how to apply, click here
What do previous participants say about the#APConnect programme?
The #APconnect programme continues to go from strength to strength and is now in its fourth year. To get a feel for how #APConnect can support you and help you thrive in your role, you may like to:
- watch this YouTube video in which #APConnect participant Marsida Horeshka relates her experiences of the programme and her key takeaways.
- take a look at this collection of AP Reflections to discover more about how the #APConnect programme has helped previous participants to develop their practice and bring positive change to their teams and organisations.
Please note that your organisation has to be in receipt of ESFA funding for you to be eligible to participate in the #APConnect programme.