Blended and Online Learning Design
This new course from FutureLearn aims to help you develop the skills you need to teach blended and online learning. The course is available on demand, runs for 3 hours per week over 3 weeks and is free of charge.
The course, which has been developed by University College London, aims to help you:
- Develop your teaching as active learning designs for blended and online teaching for different learning outcomes
- Apply your learning through and about online pedagogies and digital tools
while giving you the opportunity to collaborate with other participants in a teacher community of practice.
Topics covered are:
- The nature of learning design in the context of blended and online learning
- The Conversational Framework as a tool for thinking about learning design and assessment
- Digital tools and resources, and how to optimise your learning management system for your students
- The Learning Designer tool and its uses for borrowing, planning, creating and sharing design ideas with other teachers, across and within subject areas
- Learning designs and types of formative assessment for blended and online learning to achieve different types of learning outcome
- Implementing online learning across your institution
You can find out more and enrol here