Advertise Skills for Life and Functional Skills Jobs
Specialist recruitment advertising
Skills for Life Network is widely acknowledged and highly regarded as the key news, information and signposting resource for teachers, supporters and managers of:
- functional skills and GCSE maths and English
- ICT and Digital Skills
We provide unique, comprehensive advertising for your vacancies, via:
- our website at www.skillsforlifenetwork.com (42,000+ active users)
- direct email job alerts (5,000+ subscribers)
- social media, including specialist groups on LinkedIn, facebook and Twitter (5000+ followers).
How do I place a vacancy advertisement?
Send your advert text in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (word document or rich text formats preferred). Include your logo as an email attachment (jpeg or gif formats preferred), or provide us with the URL of a page that has your logo so we can download the image directly. You will only need to send us your logo the first time you place a vacancy with us.
Please also provide us with the following information:
- your postal and web address
- the name, address and email address of the person who should receive invoices
- an official Purchase Order number or reference in respect of Skills Digital Limited
- If your organisation does not pay VAT in respect of recruitment advertising, please let us know when you place your order. A VAT exemption certificate will be required to enable us to issue an invoice VAT free. You can email this to us at email@example.com, or fax it to us on 0871 9898348. Alternatively, you can post it to Skills Digital Limited, East Grange House, Scruton, Northallerton, DL7 0RD, for the attention of Accounts Payable.
You will receive an email confirmation of receipt and an advert preview weblink for your approval within 24 hours.
Please ensure that you have the authority to send recruitment advertisements for your organisation, as we will consider receipt of an advert from you as an order to place it on our website, subject to our Terms and Conditions.
Paperless payment by BACS is preferred. Our account details for BACS payment will appear on the invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Skills Digital Limited.
If you are placing an order for a single vacancy and wish to pay by credit or debit card, please use the 'Buy a single vacancy now using PayPal' facility to the right of this page.
Advert Placing Policies
Composite Adverts: It is our policy not to place composite adverts as a single placement on www.skillsforlifenetwork.com. The reason for this is the way we index adverts, so that job seekers are able to receive alerts appropriate to their specialism. Although we will accept composite adverts, they will need to be split into separate adverts and priced accordingly.
Advert Format - the advert text should include the following:your organisation's name and address; the job title; brief job description; brief person specification; pay and conditions; how to apply; the closing date and a weblink or email contact link.
Advert Length - Although there is no word limit, we generally limit customers to an A4 page of text. If you need to add more information, such as a detailed job description, we can attach one to the advert. Job descriptions should be sent in the same email with the advert but in a separate document, ideally in Word format.
Amendments - We are happy to amend an advert. Simply email the complete amended copy text to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Vacancy amendment' in the subject line.
What Happens Next?
Adverts will appear on the website and alerts will be sent via email/sms to the Skills for Life Network members (8,000+ registered to receive job alerts). Your vacancy will also feature in our weekly Jobs Update, which is currently mailed out to 8,000+ subscribers.
On the vacancy closing date or after 30 days (whichever is sooner) the advert will be automatically removed from www.skillsforlifenetwork.com. We will then notify you of how many times your advert was read while it was placed with us.